Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rotation Solved!

Well I implemented my pseudocode in XNA last night, made just some minor changes, and then I had a working rotating mesh. The guidance I received from Steve Hazen on the official XNA forums really helped me out and pointed me in the right direction.

I would post the code here, but I don't know how to post it without it looking atrocious.

I have the code posted in the XNA forums:
http://forums.xna.com/forums/p/14547/76204.aspx

As you can see from the final postings, Steve recommends some tweaks to the code that would increase accuracy and make it more efficient.

I'm really happy to finally have this problem solved. It took me four days to finally get a working solution. Now I can move on to the next item to implement. It's going to be tough as well, but no where near as tough as the rotation. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Until next time...

1 comment:

John Leonard said...

Hey Patrick, I use Windows Live Writer with a "Insert from Visual Studio..." plugin which works quite well for posting code and not mangling it